Not healthy, but delicious. I’m pretending like the oats in this muffin is making is healthy enough to justify eating them for breakfast. The oats probably do help keep you full though. Whatever, these are amazing and maybe I’ll try to make them healthier one day when it won’t be the end of the world if they fail.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking power
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter, cooled
- 2 eggs
- regular bag of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- dash of cinnamon
- Soak oats in buttermilk for 30-60 min.
- Add all wet ingredients to oats/buttermilk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and fill with batter (makes 18 muffins). Fill remaining cups with water for even baking.
- Bake at 375 for ~18 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan and keep in an air tight container.